Rats Pest Control in Essex
Rats can gnaw through any material and are persistent when trying to gain access to your home or business. If they manage to get in, they can quickly spread disease, cause structural and reputational damage and can contaminate food, which is why it is vital to get a rat infestation treated as quickly as possible and Bens Bugs are here to help you!
Common signs of a rat infestation;
– Grease marks around the skirting boards or walls
– Holes or nests – Brown rats are more likely to dig or burrow for shelter and nesting whereas other types of rat will shred paper, cardboard or insulation to make a nest
– Gnaw marks – this can be on any type of material if they are trying to gain access and can be noticeable on electrical cables and wiring.
– Sighting – Unfortunately, if you have seen one the rest of the family aren’t too far away!
Common places rat will be are;
– Loft spaces
– Kitchens – they like an appliance where it is nice and warm
– Suspended ceilings or cavity walls
– Drains/Drain Pipes
If you believe you have a rat infestation, call us today and our engineer will be able to advise on the best treatment plan to get rid of the rats using suitable forms of rodenticide.